Specialists in Research and Development Tax Credits
Our backgrounds are in product development and engineering with companies such as Ford, Toyota, and Siemens as well as finance and management. As R&D tax specialists, we are quickly able to identify qualifying activity and to maximise R&D Tax Credit claims for our clients.
Unlike an accountancy practice, our extensive work experience within engineering, technology and software driven environments enables us to quickly understand the nature of the technological advances being undertaken in your business, to identify eligible costs and to clearly communicate this to HMRC.
We believe that R&D tax claims cannot be best handled by tax personnel alone. Other abilities, such as product development and engineering expertise, technical report writing and practical experience of business are important together with a detailed understanding of technology.
Successful claims that we have progressed have resulted in average cash rebates of around £40,000 and we have successfully processed claims with rebates exceeding £100,000 for larger companies.
Benefits of using our service:
- We are often able to provide you with an estimate of a possible claim during our first visit
- We are experienced in working with businesses across a range of industries
- We seek to maximize value of the refund for our clients
- We offer a quick and efficient service
- We have a detailed understanding of the scheme’s qualifying requirements
- We can help recover costs expended over the past 2 years with your initial claim
- We operate on a ‘no win, no fee’ basis
- Our expertise and the approach we have developed has resulted in success in all claims that we have submitted
Our core team
- Edward Owen (Director) industrial experience with Rolls-Royce Motors, finance experience with Lloyds TSB Commercial Finance and SME consulting. Call 07880 677742.
- Garry Hague (Director) qualified as a mechanical and production engineer with product development and manufacturing experience with Ford Motor Company, followed by management roles with Toyota and SME consulting. Call 07795 644284.
- Anand Vijayan (Associate Director – BEng / MSc / MBA) post-graduate qualified mechanical engineer working as an R&D engineer with Siemens VAI for 8 years, with additional experience in KPMG’s specialist R&D Tax team. Recently completed an MBA from the University of Warwick.
- Richard Pitman (Associate Director – CEng MSc MRAeS)
- Badrie Luckiram (Associate Director – BSc, MSc, CEng, MIChemE)
- Nick Tarr (Associate Director) production engineer with 30 year international career with Rolls-Royce plc. in business strategy, programme management and supply chain development.
- Justin Stanton (Associate Director)
- Paul Sandom (Associate Director), experienced MD and FD and production director in engineering sector with earlier venture capital experience (Legal and General Ventures) and corporate finance expertise plus SME ownership in manufacturing.
- David Cotterill (Associate Director – Business Development) extensive experience in the built environment and housing sector.
- Paul Arkell (Associate Director – Business Development)
- Julie Parker (PA and Administration Manager)
- Karen Furness (Accountant / Tax Specialist)
- Nicola Cole (Accountant / Tax Specialist)